BlogaBarbara

Santa Barbara Politics, Media & Culture

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Virtual Candidate Forum: Where do the judge candidates stand on medical marijuana?

Several readers have contacted me seeking information on the candidates for Superior Court judge and what their stances are around marijuana and medical marijuana -- especially because of the recent council action on medical marijuana dispensaries.

I've written them an email and asked that they respond in the next couple of days so that I can do a post on Friday or Saturday with their responses. I also made it clear to them that I will be either be letting you know they didn't respond or posting their responses (I hope to post them word for word assuming their responses are not too long). I am hoping we can set a good example and model for future Q&A's with candidates by very much respecting those that do respond -- especially considering the nature of this issue.

Given the above are there questions you would like asked of other candidates? I was thinking this might be a good thing to do with the 3rd District Supervisor candidates next week. If you have any questions, list them here and I will consider including them in an email I will send to them this weekend.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hearby swear (or affirm) that I will play nice if any public official would like to come to the board and comment personally.

5/14/2008 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me, it doesn't seem to matter what any local or state judge thinks about this issue. The bottom line is that federal law will always supercede the State, county or city.

It's up to Lois Capps to make the changes. Until that time I'll get my pot the old fashion way . . on the street.

5/14/2008 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see asking the BOS candidates because they do set county policy but judges at the Superior Court level don't make policy do they? They simply apply the state and county laws such as they are.

Or am I missing something here?

5/14/2008 10:11 PM  
Blogger Bill Carson said...

Ask Farr why she can't run her own race without leaning on the ever-partisan Lois Capps. Deja vu Lois, and some of us wish you'd keep your nose out of our local race.

5/15/2008 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home