BlogaBarbara

Santa Barbara Politics, Media & Culture

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

RV Rules in SB

It was reported this morning that the Court of Appeals stopped the City of SB from enforcing rules meant to keep people from parking and sleeping over night. This is a contentious issue for some -- especially in the El Escorial area on East Beach and some West Beach neighborhoods near Santa Barbara Winery. Glenn Mowrer thinks we should rebuild residence hotels -- is this the answer? If so, where?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when does the city have an obligation to find a public street or car lot for anyone who wants to fill it and sleep in a personal vehicle?

How much should the city government subsidize people who prefer to reside in their motor vehicles on public land?

I would like to sleep in a tent on the public lawn by the beach, too.

11/18/2005 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admit, I am a Friend of RV's.

What is the issue here? I mean really! A big RV parked outside of my house is going to hurt me how? If they throw a bag of trash in my trash can once a week it's going to affect me how? It doesn't matter why they are living in an RV. People living in RV's should be cited only for disturbing the peace, as any house dwelling neighbor should be cited. Loud music? Call the cops. Domestic violence? Call the cops. Public Intoxication? Call the cops. Just as you would with any neighbor. Let the people be.

11/29/2005 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a fan of R.V.ing and I myself own a sleep in my R.V. I agree with the blogger above. If for some reason there is a noise violation or some other appropriate misconduct sure the police should be involved otherwise what is the problem? Is it the freedom of the R.V.er that is the problem or are people just that controlling and bored. Would you rather us be homeless and living off of your "hard-earned" tax dollars?

5/10/2007 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home