BlogaBarbara

Santa Barbara Politics, Media & Culture

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Indy Best of SB Reader's Poll

Under the category of shameless self and Santa Barbara Blog Community promotion....I didn't see a spot for "best local blog" on The Independent's "best of" list this year but I think it would be a great new category...

If you are interested -- please visit the The Indy's web site and list Best Local Blog and BlogaBarbara under the "Category We Didn't Think Of". You have until Friday the 18th to vote and you have to vote on at least twenty items for your vote to be counted.

Actually, I'm mostly interested in promoting community discussion so I would be remiss if I didn't point out other blogs in our area....you could also vote for The Indy's very own media blog which is a good one or Craig Smith's Blog on media matters. There's also the The Goleta Valley Observer and Bill Carson's The SB Review that are worth reading as well.

I am sure there are others you might like and a few of our reader's blogs I may have missed -- list them here as a resource for all of us, I'd be happy to hear about any and all other blogs you read that have to do with our community.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks - honor to vote at the Indy ballot. Doing good. Are you glad you did not fold after the primary elections? Happy you did not.

8/10/2006 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Spendy McFlaw blog

http://spendymcflaw.blogspot.com/

8/10/2006 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little self promotion, I blog local things (city, county and state) at http://sbprog.com/

8/11/2006 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 favorite local blogs are Edhat & Blogabarbara. Both are educational & entertaining in different ways. Thanks for doing what you do, & please keep up the good work!

8/11/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Sara De la Guerra said...

Thanks -- I too love EdHat! I didn't mention them as I didn't immediately think of them as a blog -- but certainly they are great!

8/11/2006 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Goleta Valley Observer is a good blog. I think the SB Review dropped out of political and news blogging after Guzzardi lost.

The Observer seems to be the new spot for politics that is not so News Press Obsessed.

8/11/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our neighbors in Ojai have a great blog,
http://www.ojaipost.com/

8/11/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger John Stodder said...

Sara and everyone,

I just got wind of the Society of Professional Journalists giving the nine resigned SB N-P editors and writers their highest award for ethics. This is where I posted news about it if you want more info.

http://johnstodderinexile.wordpress.com/2006/08/11/spin-this-society-of-professional-journalists-honors-ethics-of-resigned-santa-barbara-editors-writers/


Best,

John Stodder

8/11/2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger snugspout said...

I've been doing a blog of a different sort...

http://snugspout.blogspot.com/

totally fact/research based, a bit thin on opinion. Focusing for a while on the origins of the News-Press and the issue of whether it is really 155 years old.

8/12/2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Sara De la Guerra said...

Anon 10:48 from 8/10 -- forgot to reply the other day. Yes I am glad I didn't opt out but ask me that same question in October right before the election and you might get a different answer! Thanks for the support.

8/13/2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Blogabarbara, Edhat and OjaiPost!

8/13/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger George said...

I'm Not One to Blog, But but I am one to blogwhore. Although I write about all sorts of things, from baseball to politics to music, I'm based in Santa Barbara and have had numerous entries on the debacle at the News-Press. Stop on by!

8/14/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home