BlogaBarbara

Santa Barbara Politics, Media & Culture

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stopping SBNP Advertising Circulars

This community post is from a faithful reader:

As you know, many people have decided to cancel the News-Press. Some have done this to protest the union busting tactics, some to protest NP promoting editorial bias in what should be reporting of the news, and some to oppose editorial style and content on the editorial page itself. Of course some may have stopped because they have decided that quality and content of the newspaper has declined.

However, regardless of cancellations News-Press has still been mailing a weekly advertising circular to a large number of households, without anyone asking for it. Some speculate that this is an effort by News-Press management to shore up the circulation numbers they show advertisers.

While some may want to support the News-Press, others may not. For those who don’t want to support the News-Press, there is a simple method of stopping this unsolicited advertising circular, (and save some trees in the bargain.) All you have to do is dial the News-Press main number 564-5200. When the message comes on just punch in extension 232. Tell the person who answers (or leave a message) that you don’t want to receive their advertising circulars, and leave your address and zip code.

While no one wants to hurt advertisers, many don’t want to give News-Press management a round-about way to try to bolster their falling circulation.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and many would just prefer to save a tree and keep junk mail from clogging their mailboxes!

4/12/2007 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always received the circulars. I don't believe it has anything new to do with bolstering circulation numbers.

Actually, I didn't like it when I was getting them with the paper and in the mail.

4/12/2007 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had the opposite experience... I never got the circulars until after I cancelled the NP.

4/12/2007 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto for me, I began receiving circulars after I cancelled my subscription. I never gave much thought over connecting the two events.

At the time, what crossed my mind was that maybe this was a way of keeping their advertisers in spite of declining circulation.

4/13/2007 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got the circulars until I cancelled the NP (after being a subscriber for many decades). I throw the ciculars in the recycling without looking at them. It's great to know how to stop their delivery.

4/13/2007 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the Daily Sound collapse today without Meagher? No new issues on the newsstand and the website still has yesterday's issue.

4/13/2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home