BlogaBarbara

Santa Barbara Politics, Media & Culture

Friday, November 28, 2008

HBJ Concedes Race to Strickland

After I made my early morning post yesterday, Hannah-Beth Jackson conceded victory to Tony Strickland.

Here's part of what she had to say about it in an email to supporters:
Now it is time to put the campaign and partisanship behind us, and for both sides to work together without animosity or vindictiveness. We are facing too many challenges with our state budget and the current economic crisis to continue any hostilities that are so counter-productive. We must come together for the common good.

As for me, I will continue to work on important issues in our community and our state. I look forward to working with you again in the near future.

On this day of Thanksgiving, I am very grateful to have had this truly exhilarating experience and to have had your friendship and support along the way. It has been an honor and a privilege for me to have been your standard-bearer for the values and beliefs we share and the vision we have for our state's future.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home